We are Darrin and Sharon Henry, a self-employed St Helenian couple living on St Helena.
Inside St Helena is the marketing platform we’ve built in 2019 and now operate, comprising a Travel & Information App and this website.
The Inside St Helena App is an interactive visitor guide and business directory designed to make it simple and easy for visitors (and locals) to connect with the various services and attractions that are available.
Click Here to learn more about the inspiration behind the App.
Things We Do
On a long list of challenges we have undertaken, this is our very first App. As a team, we have over 25 years working together on an exciting range of media-based projects, covering:
- Graphic Design
- Project Management
- Website Design
In Another Life…
We have both worked (in a previous life) on Ascension Island and the UK and have formal backgrounds in radio engineering and IT (Darrin) and finance and business (Sharon).
However, an entrepreneurial passion for photography, marketing & design projects have always burned deep, which eventually led to us embarking down the private sector path, since 2004.
Our overall experience is extensive, from the days of black & white 35mm film, right through the digital revolution. VHS gave way to mini-DV and MPEG video; we swapped dark room dodge & burn (the original) to the mouse-clicking virtual version of Photo Shop.
From producing our first documentary film in 1994, we built our first website and bought our first digital camera in 1999 and started operating a photo studio in 2006.
It’s been a long, exciting road.
Capricorn Studios is our overall company name, (originally called Capricorn Video) founded in 1994.
Exhibitions, Films & Other Projects
On St Helena, some of our most interesting projects include:
- Jasper’s Cards & Gift Shop – 2005 to 2010
- A Voyage on the RMS St Helena – 2005 documentary film
- St Helena Island, A Timeless Discovery – 2005 documentary film
- Narrow Daylight – 2005 AIDS awareness film with New Horizons
- Photography Exhibition: Roots & Shoots – 2009
- Establishing South Atlantic Media Services Ltd – 2011 to 2014
- What The Saints Did Next photography blog – launched 2015
- Breeze e-magazine – annual publication since 2015
- Photography Exhibition: Labour Take-On Time – 2016
- Photography Exhibition: First Generation – 2018
- Miss St Helena, 2018 – revamping the pageant format
- Project 365 – Three-year photo-a-day project, 2016 to 2018
Alongside running our WTSDN blog today and various photography-based projects, we also design and supply souvenir t-shirts and baseball caps to retailers on St Helena.
Why We Built Our First App
Both of us are proud to be St Helenian, passionate about helping document and recognise our history and culture, and eager for visitors to appreciate the journey of Saints.
We are hoping Inside St Helena will help visitors make the most of their time on St Helena by finding and connecting quickly and easily with the services they need.